About Adobe Acrobat and .PDF Files
The links followed by this icon: lead to Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) files. PDF files are carbon copies of original documents that can be viewed and printed using the Adobe Acrobat reader. The Adobe Acrobat Reader download is free and will run on a wide variety of platforms, such as DOS, Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX.
Instructions for downloading the Acrobat Reader
- Follow the Adobe Acrobat Reader download link above to the page Downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader Software.
- Go to step 2 on the page and follow the instructions. (There is no need to register.)
- Move down the page and press the download button.
- On the Downloading and Installing the Acrobat Reader page, choose one of the download links.
- A save as dialog box will appear. Indicate where the executable file is to be saved.
- After download is complete, open the executable file to install the Acrobat Reader.
Although PDF files cannot be scanned by reader browsers for the visually impaired, Adobe does offer other methods of obtaining these files on their Adobe Acrobat access page.