Workforce Development Professionals
The tools and resources on this page provide workforce professionals with guidance on technical assistance, interpreting pertinent congressional legislation, and research materials on Rapid Response practices, conferences, and public outreach. As new products and materials are developed, this site will be updated.
- State Rapid Response Contacts
- The WARN Act (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act) helps ensure advance notice in cases of qualified plant closings and mass layoffs. The U.S. Department of Labor has issued these guides to provide workers and employers with an overview of their rights and responsibilities under the provisions of the WARN Act.
- Rapid Response Peer Expert Directory (PDF Format)
- Workforce3 One: a collaborative effort that represents the merging of national, state, and local leadership into one system committed to embracing and installing a demand-driven culture in the publicly funded workforce system. This collaboration also represents another step toward preparing workers for new and in-demand job opportunities in high growth, high-demand, and economically vital industries/sectors of the American economy. The Workforce3 One Integrated Webspace offers the public workforce system, employers, economic development professionals, and education professionals an innovative knowledge network designed to create and support a demand-driven community, one that responds directly to business needs and prepares workers for good jobs in the fastest growing careers.
- Conducting a Community Audit: planning efforts that involve all relevant stakeholders in a community, aimed at assessing skills in demand in growth sectors of the economy and declining sectors that may signal future layoffs. Community leaders can use this information to mobilize resources to more effectively match labor supply and labor demand.
Government Related Website Links
- State Dislocated Worker Units
- Grant Opportunities
- State Economic Development Departments
- TAA for firms
- Useful Links to National, Federal, & State Organizations
- TAA Petition Determinations
- List of State TAA, SSA, SDA and One-Stop Career Coordinators
- NAICS Industry Classification
- National O*NET Center
- State Rural Development Councils
- Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service