The state plans to invest in six initiatives:
- A project designed to provide males from minority populations with the necessary encouragement and support, leading to graduation from a secondary school and matriculation to post-secondary education;
- A model that addresses educational and vocational needs to support the long term success of youth;
- A project that combines classroom instruction and internships as a means of developing a highly skilled manufacturing workforce;
- A project that will attempt to break down the barrier that keeps scientists invisible to young people;
- An after-school employability program; and
- A project to provide a 14 month innovative cultural and educational experience for
at risk youth in the Bridgeport School System.