June 3, 2015
December 14, 2014
WIOA: To learn about Titles I and III of WIOA, click on the links below to view brief, narrated presentations by Employment and Training Administration staff highlighting key provisions in the new law.
November 19, 2014
A Town Hall was held to solicit Stakeholder input as the Departments of Labor and Education continue to develop guidelines on WIOA implementation.
The focus of the WIOA Performance Town Hall was on four different topic areas:
- Effectiveness in serving employers
- Other performance indicators, including Measurable Skill Gains;
- Reporting requirements (state, local, and Eligible Training Providers reports); Performance success and failure
- Integrated fiscal and performance management information system.
March 1, 2013
American Job Center Services for Veteran's Front Line Staff Training Tutorial .Staff completing the tutorial should expect to be able to describe the meaning of Priority of Service, identify the Point of Entry in the AJC Network, Reporting requirements for Priority of Service as well as being able to understand and act upon the requirements of Priority of Service.
Common Measures--Timeframe for Results Explained:
May, 2012: Veteran's Services Region/State WEBEX
This powerpoint presentation provides an overview of Veteran's Services including VRAP, and the updated reporting for the VOW.
DOL's Chief Economist, Adriana Kugler, presents this powerpoint, "Evaluation of Programs and Policies".
October 17-19, 2011: Region V Technical Assistance Forum
June, 2011 Performance and Fiscal ForumsThe Employment and Training Administration (ETA) has prepared a total of sixteen training presentations to provide states with technical assistance on a variety of fiscal and performance based topics. Of the sixteen topics, nine focus on fiscal materials, and the remaining seven are performance related. These presentations are available via flash drive, which may be requested from ETA at ETAPerforms.gov., on Workforce3One. Power point Presentations Video
June, 2011 Fiscal and Performance PresentationsTEN 03-11
ETA announces the availability of technical assistance presentations on a variety of fiscal and performance topics including, but not limited to, financial obligations; fiscal reporting; grant closeout; data validation; literacy and numeracy gains; Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data (WIASRD); and improved performance.
Fiscal and Performance Forums 2011 (Handout includes all Powerpoint Presentations)
San Francisco Agenda
ARRA Performance Accountability and Updates
- ARRA Performance Accountability and Updates: What About the Numbers?
- Program Performance Accountability Requirements under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
San Francisco Workshops
- ARRA Section 1512 - Lessons Learned & Moving Forward
- ARRA Section 1512 - Recipient Reporting
- Assuring Equity of Service to MSFWs
- Back to Basics - July 9-2009
- Back to Basics Handout
- Building a National Infrastructure for Workforce Information
- Common Reporting Mistakes Made in WIA and Wagner-Peyser Reporting
- Data Validation
- Going to Green - Understanding the Green Economy
- Going to Green - What is a Green Job
- Improving Performance through the Use of Data & Data Tools
- Introduction to ETA Programs
- NEG Overview for San Francisco Dec 09-2009 - Program Updates following the Passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- NEG Reporting Guide
- NEG Reporting Overview
- Services - Counting our Work and Making our Work Count - Dec 9-10-2009
- Setting and Adjusting Performance Goal Targets
- TAA Performance Reporting for San Francisco ARRA Forum
- Trade and Globalization Adjustment Assistance Overview- New Changes on Trade - SF Dec 9 - 2009
- Veterans Priority of Service
- WIA Youth under the Recovery Act - Dec 9-10 2009
- WIASRD - Change in Reporting Requirements for the Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data
May 26, 2009
TEN 45-08 announced a national technical assistance Forum on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Wednesday and Thursday, June 17-18th, 2009, in Baltimore, MD. This Forum will provide technical assistance on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009's (Recovery Act) performance accountability reporting for the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) title IB and Wagner-Peyser Act programs, including the Reemployment Services grants, the Trade Adjustment Act, and National Emergency Grants (NEG's). Below are the presentations:
Recovery and Reemployment Regions Forums Report, 2009
The Report was developed to provide an overview for ETA leadership and to provide ETA regional and national office staff with "actionable" data and information that can be used to continue supporting the State and local area staff who are on the front lines of recovery and reemployment efforts.