November 2, 2000
NOTICE TO ALL OFFERORS
REFERENCE: AMENDMENT NO. 2
Additional information has been requested by prospective offerors in the Competitive Range and it has been determined by the Contracting Officer that this information be made available to all offerors within the Competitive Range.
Keith A. Bond
KEITH A. BOND
RESPONSES TO REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATIONS
1. What is the expected level of effort (in terms of FTEs) for each year in the base period? Section F.3 of the RFP and Answer 65a of the Amendment state that the "level of effort for this period is estimated at 7.5 and 8.5 professional person years." The RFP states, "the number of staff needed for this project is approximately 6.5." Since the base period is 24 months, are we correct in concluding that the 6.5 level of effort is equivalent to 3.25 staff per each year in the base period?
1a. Yes. The base period for this project is twenty-four months (24). The number of staff persons needed for this project is approximately 6.5 staff persons. The level of effort for this project for the base period (24 months) is estimated to be between 7.5 and 8.5 professional person years. A professional person year is estimated to be between $90,000 and $100,000. This includes all costs
2. What is the expected level of effort for the option years? Section F.3 of the RFP states that "the level of effort for each option year is equal to the base year plus a 3.5% increase for inflation." Are we correct in concluding that each option year is estimated to be between 3.25 and 4.25 professional person years (using the base period estimate of between 7.5 and 8.5 professional years) plus a 3.5% increase?
2a. The level of effort for each option year is estimated to be between 4 and 4.5 professional person years plus a 3.5% increase for inflation.
3. In submitting my final revised business management proposal, should I submit it for the base period and the option years, or just the base period only? Also, should the base period be broken into two years?
3a. Offerors should submit their final revised business management proposals for the base period and the option years using the same format as form 8555 - Attachment J.2 of the RFP. The base period budget should not be broken into two years.
4. I understand that all professional staff are to devote a 100% time commitment to this project. Also, you define professional staff as all staff excluding consultants, subcontractors (unless in a key position) and administrative/support staff. If in my final revised proposal submittal, I have staff, other than the exceptions, committed less than the 100% requirement, will my proposal be found technically unacceptable? Will I be eliminated from further competition on this procurement?
4a. Please be advised that Section M.3 B(iii) of the above-referenced solicitation is deleted and replaced with the following:
"The Project Director and Research Analyst designated as key personnel for this solicitation are to devote a 100% time commitment to this project."
The Government warns offerors who submit final revised business proposals that are not responsive to this requirement of the solicitation, will make their business proposal unacceptable, and the offeror ineligible for award.
5. The Limitations on Subcontracting Clause - FAR 52.219-14, is hereby incorporated as follows:
Pursuant to FAR 52.219-14 Limitation on Subcontracting (1) Services (except construction). The concern will perform at least 50 percent of the cost of the contract incurred for personnel with its own employees. The cost of contract performance incurred for personnel includes direct labor costs and any overhead which has only direct labor as its base, plus the concern's General and Administrative rate multiplied by the labor cost.
6. Section L of the above-reference solicitation is amended to incorporate the following clauses:
L.8 LETTERS OF COMMITMENT - KEY PERSONNEL, (OCT 2000)
1. All proposed key personnel require written, signed (by employee/contingency hire), and dated letters of commitment. The Offeror shall provide letters of commitment from current employees that state they: (1) will remain employed by the Offeror; and (2) will work full time, or the percentage of time designated in the RFP, for at least one year on the resultant contract if awarded to the Offeror.
2. Letters of commitment must be submitted for contingency hires, defined as persons not currently employed but who have executed a binding letter of commitment for employment with the Offeror, if the Offeror receives award under subject solicitation. The letter of commitment must reflect agreement on salary, benefits and position. New hires may not be proposed for key personnel. (A new hire is defined as specified or unspecified persons to fill an empty position who are neither identified as a current employee of the Offeror (or proposed subcontractor) nor as a contingency hire)
3. For those key personnel designated by the Contracting Officer, a binding signed employment contract between the key person(s) and the employer/offeror contingent upon DOL awarding the employer/offeror the resultant contract must be provided with the proposal in order for the proposal to be considered responsive or technically acceptable. The employment contract must: (1) be for at least one year from the date of the award of the contract by DOL to the employer/offeror; (2) state that the employee will work full time, or the percentage of time designated in the RFP, on the resultant contract if awarded to the employer/offeror; and (3) the employment contract must address salary, benefits, and position.
L.9 CONFIRMATION OF PROPOSED KEY PERSONNEL (OCT 2000)
The following certificate shall be provided upon request by the Contracting Officer should discussions be required and revisions and/or best and final offers be requested.
I certify that the proposed key personnel are still available for performance under any contract resulting from this solicitation, and that the letters of commitment are still valid. I base this certification on written and/or oral confirmation which I received, within the past 30 days, from each individual proposed to fill the Key Personnel requirements. I further certify that I possess copies of written confirmations I received from each individual, and/or a memorandum to the file documenting oral confirmation of that individual's availability. I further promise to immediately inform the Government of any changes in the availability of any proposed key personnel.
Date of Certification
By (Name and Signature of company president)