NOTICE TO ALL OFFERORS:
Amendment No. 1
Additional information has been requested by prospective offerors and it has been determined by the Contracting Officer that this information be made available to all bidders. The information is provided in the attached SF-30. The closing date for the above-referenced Request for Proposal is 2:00 PM, March 28, 2001 local time.
Keith A. Bond
KEITH A. BOND
TMGP: VRMontague, 3/13/2001
Room C-4310 693-3318
AMENDMENT OF SOLICITATION/MODIFICATION OF CONTRACT
11. THIS ITEM ONLY APPLIES TO AMENDMENTS OF SOLICITATION
|STANDARD FORM 30 (REV. 10-83)|
14. RESPONSES TO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
1.) Can offerors have access to the findings from the preliminary work that set the stage for this project, including those mentioned in the RFP: (1) the stakeholder information gathered by the Quality Work sub-committee of the Federal Committee on Registered Apprenticeship (FCRA), the National Association of State and Territorial Apprenticeship Directors (NASTAD), and the four Apprenticeship Impact Forums; and (2) the April 2000 report by Coffey Communications, LLC entitled "Apprenticeship Impact Projects"?
1a. Yes. The FCRA Quality Work sub-committee report and the Coffey Communication Report are available for all who request it and the latter will be soon be available on the OATELS our website: www.doleta.gov/atels_bat
2) What is critical challenge #6, only five are mentioned in Section C.1 paragraph 2?
2a. Streamlining Registration and Related Processes
3) Are copies of the April 2000 Coffey Communications Report available for viewing?
3a. Copies will be made upon request and will be soon be available on the OATELS website: www.doleta.gov/atels_bat .
4) Where can specific information on the Apprentice system be found?
4a. On the OATELS website: www.doleta.gov/atels_bat and the OATELS brochure entitled: "Registered Apprenticeship: Building a Skilled Workforce in the 21st Century".
5) What documents are available for public viewing, without forwarding (a) request through the FOIA channels?
5a. On the OATELS website: www.doleta.gov/atels_bat and the OATELS brochure entitled: "Registered Apprenticeship: Building a Skilled Workforce in the 21st Century".
6) In regards to the key personnel description of the BAT/ATELS Continuous Improvement Initiative solicitation. Is it necessary and why is it necessary for the Project Manager to have a Graduate Degree? If the candidate has a Bachelor Degree and hands on experience would that person be eligible for the position of Project Manager?
6a. Yes, because the Program Office feels that a project of this magnitude requires a Project Manager with the discipline and initiative of someone who has a independently verifiable credential that a professional (graduate) degree would represent. It should Page 3 . be noted that the person, in addition to a graduate degree must also have "relevant experience in managing a project of this level of complexity". Someone with only a Bachelor's degree and related experience alone would not be considered eligible for the position of Project Manager.
7) Please clarify whether it's allowable for contingent hires to be key personnel? Clarify section L.9.2, the distinction between new hire and contingent hires?
7a. It is allowable for a contingency hire to be a key personnel. Please see Section L.9 LETTERS OF COMMITMENT - KEY PERSONNEL, for the distinction between new hire and contingent hires?
8) Please clarify which attachments mentioned in section J.1 are required and where should these be attached?
8a. Sections J.1, J.2, J.3, J.6 and J.7 are required. Sections J.1, J.2, J.3 and J.6 should be submitted in Part 3 of the proposal. J.7 should be submitted with the past performance information.
9) Will bids proposing fewer than 3 to 3.5 persons be considered?
9a. Yes, offerors can propose a price that is believed to be most efficient and effective in meeting the requirements of the solicitation. However, offerors should review carefully Section F.3 LEVEL OF EFFORT and Section M.2 BASIS FOR AWARD (BEST VALUE).
10) What information on the contractor's past performance is required for submission? Does the submission of Attachment J.7, the Past Performance Reference Information forms, fulfill the requirements outlined in Section M.3 Part C.
10a. Yes, the submission of Attachment J.7, the Past Performance Reference Information forms, fulfill the requirements outlined in Section M.3 Part C. However, offerors should review carefully Section L.6 PAST PERFORMANCE and Section M.3 (C) CONTRACTOR'S PAST PERFORMANCE.
11) How rigid if the Department on the allocation of hours? If you are guaranteed the highest level quality product within your allocated dollar budget (and we have multiple references within the federal government), will that be acceptable to you?
11a. Offerors should propose a staffing allocation that is believed to be most efficient and effective in meeting the requirement of the project. However, offerors should review carefully Section F.3 LEVEL OF EFFORT and Section M.2 BASIS FOR AWARD (BEST VALUE).
12) Section C.3 TASKS (Task Five) of the solicitation is deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
12a. Task Five: Set up, manage and facilitate at least four (4) focus groups with stakeholders of the apprenticeship system, including, but not limited to, Bureau of Apprenticeship (BAT) Page 4 . Directors, State Apprenticeship Council (SAC) directors, federal Apprenticeship Training Representatives, members of the FCRA and NASTAD, and BAT/OATELS national office staff.
13) Please provide a complete list of bidders/RFP recipients.
13a) Bidder's list is Attachment A..
| Research and Evaluation Associates, Inc.
6320 Quadrangle Drive,
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Attn: Deborah Jones 919-493-1661
| KMP Associates U.S.
Steven B. Pierce
585 Mill St.
Lynnville, Tennessee 38472
The Leonard Resource Group, Inc.
| Mr. Wilner De Daye Citadel Consulting, Inc
154 West Schubert Avenue
Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139
|Vickie Eckert President and CEO
Council for Continuous Improvement
1777 Barcelona Street
Livermore, California 94550
| Brenda Campbell President & CEO
Unlimited Services Systems Management
and Consultants, Inc.
10067 Campus Way South
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774
301-499-4762 or 301-322-2247
|Jerry D. Kilpatrick, President
Jerry Kilpatrick & Associates
Strategic Improvement Specialists
415 Water Garden Court
Irmo, South Carolina 29063
| Marianne Linger
Technical Assistance and Training Corporation 2409 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
|Mendez England & Associates
Attn: Business Development Manager
5550 Friendship Blvd., Suite 230
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
55 Wheeler Street
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138-1168
Attn: Sharon Christenson 617-349-2857
|Federal Micro Systems, Inc.
4201 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, MD 20706-4340
Attn: Scheraine Stone
| Coffey Communications, LLC
6917 Arlington Road, Suite 224
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
1650 Research Boulevard
Rockville, MD 20850-3129
|JACK FAUCETT ASSOCIATES, INC. 4550 Montgomery
Avenue, Suite 300
North Bethesda, MD 20814-3304
Attn: Don Hutson, Library
|Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
600 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Suite 550 Washington, DC 20024
Attention: Angela Washington