The state plans to invest the funds in three initiatives:
- Career & Technology Education (CTE) Pathway Model: This initiative plans to implement the new model for the CTE Pathway Programs. The CTE Career Pathway Programs include secondary through post-secondary education course sequences;
- Stepping Up to the Future: Through this initiative, the State proposes to:
- increase business engagement in adult education and enrollments in several of Maryland’s adult diploma options;
- increase program accountability;
- increase the number of high school graduates;
- accelerate the implementation of the research-based program components;
- improve reporting on WIA performance measures.
- Workforce Development Education and Awareness Project: This project plans to continue to integrate apprenticeship programs into Maryland’s workforce investment system by promoting education, marketing, and awareness, and also to expand Maryland’s state-of-the-art Internet-based information and case management system.