The State plans to invest incentives funds in the following projects:
- A Statewide Youth Conference: The conference will provide a forum to share challenges and develop solutions to prepare the most at-risk and neediest youth for quality education and employment services in the changing economy;
- An Innovative Youth Program – This effort will fund projects to meet the needs of Nevada’s most at-risk youth;
- The Nevada Adult Education Connection – This activity proposes to unify partnerships in order to create a statewide network of support to meet the variety of literacy and language needs of Nevada’s workforce;
- Grants to ABE Programs – The program will provide improvements that will support program services for adult basic education and English as a Second Language; and
- A continuation of last year’s development of skills standards and curriculum guides, as well as professional development for vocational educators.