August 3, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 006-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comment – ETA Management Information and Longitudinal Evaluation Reporting System; OMB Number 1205-0NEW
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on a proposed new Information Collection Request (ICR), which will be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and comment, concerning Workforce Investment Act program reporting on the ETA Management Information and Longitudinal Evaluation (EMILE) reporting system.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 136, July 16, 2004, pp. 42777-42779; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. Chapter 35]; Workforce Investment Act (.pdf) [Pub.L. 105-220]; Wagner-Peyser Act; Trade Adjustment Assistance Reform Act of 2002; Older Americans Act [42 U.S.C. Chapter 35]; Jobs for Veterans Act; American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (.pdf); Training and Employment Guidance Letter 15-03.
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Department is soliciting comments on the establishment of EMILE, a single, streamlined reporting and recordkeeping program covering 12 programs under the legislation listed in the Reference section of this Alert.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before September 14, 2004, to the individual listed in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachment.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about reporting may be directed to your Regional Office:
1 Boston — 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia — 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta — 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas — 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago — 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco — 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. September 14, 2004
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 136, July 16, 2004, pp. 42444-42779