September 16, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 028-04, Change 1
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Hire Vets First Initiative, Postponement
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice that the Hire Vets First Initiative, under programs of the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and Veterans Employment and Training (VETS) has been postponed.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
4. Background. On November 7, 2002, the President signed Public Law 107-288, the Jobs for Veterans Act, to revise and improve employment, training and placement services to veterans. The Act established the President's National Hire Veterans Committee. The Committee' planned national campaign September launch has been postponed.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, including Local Veterans Employment Representatives and Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialists.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about Hire Vets First activities may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. November 11, 2004
8. Attachments. None.