March 7, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 045-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Solicitation of Nominations for the Secretary of Labor's New Freedom Initiative Award; Office of Disability Employment Policy
1. Purpose. To transmit a solicitation of nominations for the Secretary of Labor's New Freedom Initiative Award, under programs of the Office of Disability Employment Policy.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 27, February 10, 2005, pp. 7146-7147; Information Bulletin 047-04, March 3, 2004.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Disability program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies/entities, and to submit nominations of eligible persons or organizations, as defined in the Federal Register attachment - to be received - on or before May 27, 2004 to:
Secretary of Labor's New Freedom Initiative Award
Office of Disability Employment Policy
200 Constitution Av. NW
Washington, D.C. 20210
5. Contact. Questions or comments about this award program may be directed to Dina Dorich on 202.693.7880 or 7881 (TTY). Questions or comments about disability programs may be directed to the Office of Discretionary Programs in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. May 27, 2005
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 27, February 10, 2005, pp. 7146-7147