November 28, 2005
REGION 5 ETA WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT LETTER 001-06
FROM: Byron Zuidema
TO: State Workforce System Administrators
SUBJECT: TAA Survey
1. Purpose. To advise the States of a survey of Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) data quality being conducted by the Government Accountability Office.
2. References. None.
3. Links. This Letter is in the Region 5 website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/pages/LibraryIssuances.cfm.
4. Substance. The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) is conducting a survey of State TAA coordinators to learn about the quality of TAA data. The GAO will be sending this survey in a web-based format to each State TAA coordinator. The survey asks about States' processes for:
- data collection
- internal controls to ensure data quality
- data validation
- implementation of Common Measures
- use of TAA data and feedback from USDOL
5. Action. We encourage Region 5 State TAA coordinators to complete the survey.
6. Contact. Comments or questions concerning the GAO survey may be directed to Kathy Peyman on 202.512.9536, or Vidhya Ananthakrishnan on 202.512.6089. Questions or comments about the format of this Letter may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. September 30, 2006
8. Attachments. None