June 9, 2006
REGION 5 ETA WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT LETTER 006-06
MEMORANDUM TO: STATE WORKFORCE ADMINISTRATORS
FROM: Byron Zuidema
SUBJECT: Region 5 Reorganization
1. Purpose. To inform State Workforce Agencies of updates to the staffing structure of the Regional Office.
2. References. None
3. Links. This Letter is in the Region 5 website archive at:
4. Background. The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) has reorganized its Regional Office divisions to better serve its customers.
5. Substance. Following is the latest update to the Regional Office staffing structure:
Office of the Regional Administrator (ORA)
Byron Zuidema, Regional Administrator, 312.596.5400
Shawaan Caridine, Management Staff Assistant
Janina Rokiciak, Executive Secretary
Sandy Wilson, Executive Assistant
Division of Financial Management and Administrative Services (DFMAS)
Barry Dale, Division Chief, 312.596.5455
Tom Coyne, Supervisor, 312.596.5435
Office of State Systems (OSS)
Nick Lammers, Regional Director, 312.596.5520
Division of Workforce Investment (DWI)
Leslie Matthews, Division Chief, 312.596.5529
John Scott, Supervisor, 312.596.5507
Division of Workforce Security (DWS)
Fred Homan, Division Chief, 312.596.5492
Office of Special Initiatives and Demonstrations (OSID)
Larry Greevers, Regional Director, 312.596.5437
Division of Demonstration Grants (DDG)
Rose Alvarado, Division Chief, 312.596.5525
6. Action Required. State Administrators are requested to share this Letter with appropriate staff and other agencies.
7. Inquiries. Questions or comments concerning the Region 5 reorganization may be directed to Nick Lammers of the Office of State Systems on 312.596.5520; Larry Greevers of the Office of Special Initiatives and Demontrations on 312.596.5437; or Barry Dale of the Division of Financial Management and Administrative Services on 312.596.5455. Questions or comments about the format of this Letter may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
8. Attachments. None.
9. Effective Date. May 14>, 2006
10. Expiration Date. Continuing