August 3, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 002-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice – Supplemental Information Regarding the H-1B Numerical Limitation for Fiscal Year 2004 Affecting F and J Visa-Holding Nonimmigrants
PROGRAM(S): Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services with supplemental Information regarding the H-1B numerical limitation for Fiscal Year 2004 affecting F and J visa-holding nonimmigrants.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 141, July 23, 2004, pp. 44044-44045; Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 141, February 25, 2004, pp. 8675-8676
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services may extend the status of certain F and J nonimmigrant students if the Department of Homeland Security has received from the visa-holder’s employer a timely filed request for change of nonimmigrant status to that of an H-1B nonimmigrant.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about labor certification may be directed to the Division of Foreign Labor Certification in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston – 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia – 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta – 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas – 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago – 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco – 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. October 1, 2004
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 141, July 23, 2004, pp. 44044-44045