October 8, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 009-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Native American Employment and Training Final Allotments; Workforce Investment Act, Section 166
PROGRAM(S): WIA, Native American
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice of final allotments for Program Year (PY) 2004 Native American employment and training programs under Section 166 of the Workforce Investment Act.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 195, October 8, 2004, pp. 60432-60436; Workforce Investment Act (.pdf) of 1998, Sections 127, 166 and 174 [Pub.L. 105-220]; 20 CFR 668; Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2004 [Division E, Title I of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2004, Pub.L. 108-199 (1.2mb .pdf)]; Indian Employment, Training, and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992 [Pub.L. 102-477]; Interim Final Rule, 64 FR 18683, April 15, 1999; Final Rule 65 FR 49373-49375 (325K .pdf), August 11, 2000.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment to the individual named in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachment.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about the Indian and Native American program allotments may be directed to Greg Gross on 202.693.3752. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. June 30, 2005
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 195, October 8, 2004, pp. 60432-60436