October 13, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 010-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: FYI - ETA Grants Financial Management Training, November 15-19, 2004, Chicago
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of an ETA-sponsored grants financial management training meeting November 15-19, in Chicago.
2. References. None.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
4. Substance. The Employment and Training Administration's Office of Grants and Contract Management announces an in-depth training opportunity for financial and administrative professionals at the Federal, State and local level the week of November 15th in Chicago.
This training is designed for workforce system professionals with day-to-day responsibilities for financial or accounting operations. Financial managers will learn the financial and administrative principles and practices that pertain to the One-Stop system and all other ETA-funded grant programs. While the training is designed for financial staff with exposure to financial management issues, non-financial staff may attend.
November 15th will be devoted to plenary sessions on improving customer satisfaction and WIA reauthorization.
On November 16th, trainers will focus on partners in the One-Stop system - discussing the identification of shared costs, shared-cost budgets, cost allocation within the One-Stop system, and resource sharing. Recipients of partner programs, including recipients of funding from other Federal agencies such as the Departments of Education and Housing and Urban Development, are invited to attend this session.
On November 17th and 18th, trainers will focus solely on ETA-funded grant programs.
The plenary session on November 19th will cover recent trends in audits.
5. Logistics. There is no registration fee for this training, however participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and costs. Full details, including on-line registration, logistical information, and an agenda are available at:
6. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. In particular, State and local WIBs are encouraged to forward this notice to pertinent staff.
7. Contact. Questions about meeting logistics may be directed to Ellen Lupinski on 703.299.1618. Questions about program content may be directed to Evelyn Denwiddie on 202.693.3340 or Robert White on 703.299.1607. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
8. Expiration Date. October 25, 2004
9. Attachment. None.