August 6, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 019-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice – Cost Principles for Educational Institutions; State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments; and Non-Profit Organizations (OMB Circulars A-21, A-87 and A-122)
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To announce amendments to governmentwide guidance cost principles for grants to and agreements with educational institutions; State, local, and Indian Tribal governments; and non-profit organizations found in OMB Circulars A-21, A-87 and A-122.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 90, May 10, 2004, pp. 25970-25995; OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, and A-122; Federal Financial Assistance Management Improvement Act of 1999 [Pub.L. 106-107 (.pdf)].
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Office of Management and Budget is amending OMB Circulars A-21, A-87 and A-122 to bring consistency to the three Circulars.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about this OMB action may be directed to Gilbert Tran on 202.395.3993. Comments or questions about grants and other financial assistance and nonprocurement agreements with ETA may be directed to your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston – 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia – 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta – 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas – 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago – 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco – 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Effective Date. June 9, 2004
8. Expiration Date. Continuing
9. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 90, May 10, 2004, pp. 25970-25995