August 12, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 024-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Planning Guidance and Instructions for Submission of the Strategic Five Year State Plan and Plan Modifications for Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and the Wagner-Peyser Act; OMB Number 1205-0398
PROGRAM(S): WIA, Wagner-Peyser
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on an extension of an existing Information Collection Request (ICR), which has been submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning planning guidance and instructions to States for submission of the Strategic Five Year State Plan, and plan modifications for Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and the Wagner-Peyser Act.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 155, August 12, 2004, pp. 49915-49916; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)]; Workforce Investment Act; Wagner-Peyser Act; 20 CFR Parts 652.212-214 and 661.230.
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before September 12, 2004, to:
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Office of Management and Budget
Attn: OMB Desk Officer for ETA
Washington, D.C. 20503
A copy of the ICR is available from Ira Mills on 202.693.4122.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about WIA and Wagner-Peyser strategic plans may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. September 12, 2004
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 155, August 12, 2004, pp. 49915-49916