September 17, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 035-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Operation Career Front Initiative
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of the Operation Career Front Initiative by Home Depot. This national campaign recruits military service members, retirees and their spouses as full to part-time employees.
2. References. None.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Get background information on Home Depot's hiring initiative.
4. Substance. The Operation Career Front Initiative is a joint venture involving the participation of Home Depot and the U.S. Departments of Labor, Defense and Veterans Affairs. It will be carried out by local Home Depot stores and local workforce development offices, including One-Stop Career Centers.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the Operation Career Front Initiative may be directed to Jen Troke on 202.693.3688 or Brent Weil on 202.693.3978.
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
Attachment 1 - Poster
Attachment 2 - Brochure Page 1
Attachment 3 - Brochure Page 2
Attachment 4 - Flyer