February 16, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 040-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Planning Guidance and Instructions for Submission of the Strategic Five Year State Plan for Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and the Wagner-Peyser Act; OMB Number 1205-0398
PROGRAM(S): WIA, Wagner-Peyser
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on a revision of an existing Information Collection Request (ICR), which has been submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning planning guidance and instructions for submission of the Strategic Five Year State Plan for Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) and the Wagner-Peyser Act.
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. All current WIA State Plans will expire June 30, 2005. It is unlikely that Congress will pass a reauthorized Workforce Investment Act before that time. The proposed planning guidance is designed to advise States about how to continue their WIA Title I and Wagner-Peyser Act programs under Public Law 105-220.
5. Action. State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment to:
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Office of Management and Budget
Attn: OMB Desk Officer for ETA
Washington, D.C. 20503
A copy of the ICR is available from Ira Mills on 202.693.4122.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the WIA State planning process may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. March 9, 2005
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 24, February 7, 2005, p. 6455