March 7, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 044-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Designation of Certifying Officers; Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance Questions and Answers; Trade Adjustment Assistance Program
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of the designation of Certifying Officers under the Trade Adjustment Assistance program, and to transmit questions and answers under the Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (ATAA) program.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 25, February 8, 2005, pp. 6754-6756 (Certifying Officers); Employment and Training Order 1-05, Trade Adjustment Assistance Program (Trade Act of 1974) - Designation of Certifying Officers, February 1, 2005; Federal Register Vol. 70, No. 35, February 23, 2005, pp. 8829-8849 (ATAA); Training and Employment Guidance Letter 2-03, Change 1, Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (ATAA) for Older Workers Questions and Answers, July 14, 2004; Training and Employment Guidance Letter 2-03, Change 2, Requests for Certification Under the Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (ATAA) Program for Certain Worker Groups Covered by Certain TAA Petitions, October 29, 2004; Trade Act of 1974.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment on Certifying Officers (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register attachment on ATAA (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about Trade Act programs may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 25, February 8, 2005, pp. 6754-6756 (Certifying Officers);
Federal Register Vol. 70, No. 35, February 23, 2005, pp. 8829-8849 (ATAA)