March 11, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 050-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Regulations Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994, as Amended; Veterans' Employment and Training Service; Interim Final Rule
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for comments regarding proposed rulemaking under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) of 1994, as amended. USERRA is administered by the Veterans' Employment and Training Service.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 46, March 10, 2005, pp. 12106-12109; Information Alert 038-04, September 20, 2004; Veterans Benefits Improvement Act (VBIA) of 2004 [Pub.L. 108-454]; USERRA [38 U.S.C. 4301-4333]; Secretary's Order 3-2004; 38 CFR 4301-4333; Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act; Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995 [2 U.S.C. 1501 et seq.]; Executive Orders 12866 (.pdf), 12875 (.pdf), and 13132 (.pdf);
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before May 9th to the individual or to the e-mail address listed in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachment. Comments should include the reference: Docket No. VETS-U-05.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about this VETS rulemaking may be directed to Kenan Torrans on 202.693.4731. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. May 9, 2005
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 46, March 10, 2005, pp. 12016-12109