October 5, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 003-08
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) Meeting
PROGRAMS: Job Corps
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of an open meeting of the Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) scheduled on October 18, 2007, in
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 193, October 5, 2007, p. 57069; Federal Advisory Committee Act on August 22, 2006 (71 FR 48949); Workforce Investment Act, 29 U.S.C. 2895; Federal Advisory Committee Act.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) was established to advance Job Corps' new vision for student achievement aimed at 21st century high-growth employment. The agenda for the meeting is a continuation of report outs from the Committee's three subcommittees- subcommittee on onboard strength/ retention; subcommittee on program performance and evaluation and subcommittee on disabilities. The Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Thursday, October 18, 2007, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the:
Washington Hilton Hotel
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this meeting may be directed to Crystal Woodward on 202.693.3000. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. October 18, 2007
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 193, October 5, 2007, p. 57069.