October 10, 2006
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 005-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
UBJECT: Request for Comments - Public Availability of Government Accountability Office Records, 4 CFR Part 81; Proposed Rule
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for comment on a proposed rule, from the Government Accountability Office, concerning revisions to 4 CFR Part 81, which clarify and broaden the existing exemption regarding the disclosure of Congressional correspondence and create a new exemption allowing for the withholding of records of interviews created by GAO.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before November 2nd to:
Government Accountability Office
Office of the General Counsel
Attn: Legal Services
441 G Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20548
5. Contact. Questions and comments about this proposed rule change may be directed to John A. Bielec or by telephone on 202.512.2846. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. November 2, 2006
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 180, September 18, 2006, p. 54597.