October 7, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 007-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Supplemental Guidance for Labor Certification Process for Temporary Employment of Nonimmigrant Workers in the
PROGRAM(S): Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice with supplemental guidance for the labor certification process for the temporary employment of nonimmigrant workers in the
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 190, October 1, 2004, p. 58961.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. Employers with a valid H-2B labor certification with a date of need prior to October 1, 2004, but that includes periods of planned employment after October 1, 2004, are encouraged to file H-2B labor certifications with Citizenship and Immigrations Services if some portion of the employment period remains.
ETA will continue to process new H-2B applications with dates of need within FY 2005 (October 1, 2004 through September 30, 2005). For these new applications, employers must follow existing filing rules.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about labor certification may be directed to the Division of Foreign Labor Certification in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Effective Date. October 1, 2004
8. Expiration Date. September 30, 2005
9. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 190, October 1, 2004, p. 58961