November 1, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 008-08
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) Meeting
PROGRAMS: Job Corps
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of an open meeting of the Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) scheduled on November 14, 2007, in
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) was established to advance Job Corps' new vision for student achievement aimed at 21st century high-growth employment. This Committee will also evaluate Job Corps program characteristics, including its purpose, goals, and effectiveness, efficiency, and performance measures in order to address the critical issues facing the provision of job training and education to the youth population that it serves.
The agenda for the meeting will be a continuation of report outs from the Committee's three subcommittees and a discussion of the draft recommendations. The Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 14, 2007, from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the:
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Hotel
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this meeting may be directed to Crystal Woodard on 202.693.3000. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. November 14, 2007
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 211, November 1, 2007, p. 61911.