November 7, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 010-08
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Federal-State Unemployment Compensation Program: Certifications for 2007 under the Federal Unemployment Tax Act.
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of certifications for 2007 under the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) in regards to employer tax credits.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Secretary of Labor signed the annual certifications under the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (26 U.S.C. 3301) thereby enabling employers who make contributions to State unemployment funds to obtain certain credits against their liability for the Federal unemployment tax.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about Certifications for 2007 under FUTA may be directed to the Division of Workforce Security in your regional office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.788.0170
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.302.5300
Region 4 Dallas - 972.850.4600
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.625.7901
Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 215, November 7, 2007, pp. 62874-62879.