November 21, 2006
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 027-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Labor Surplus Area (LSA) Classification under Executive Orders 12073 and 10582.
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of the annual list of labor surplus areas for Fiscal Year (FY) 2007.
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Department of Labor regulations implementing Executive Orders 12073 and 10582 are set forth at 20 CFR 654, Subparts A and B. These regulations require the Assistant Secretary of Labor for the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) to classify jurisdictions as labor surplus areas pursuant to the criteria specified in the regulations and to publish annually a list of labor surplus areas.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
A copy of the FY 2007 LSA list can be accessed on-line.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about the annual list of labor surplus areas may be directed to Anthony Dais on 202.693.2784. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. September 30, 2007
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 224, November 21, 2006, pp. 67368-67388.