April 23, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 066-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Program Year (PY) 2007 Workforce Investment Act Allotments; Program Year 2007 Wagner-Peyser Act Final Allotments; and Fiscal Year 2007 Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Welfare-to-Work Tax Credit Allotments.
PROGRAMS: WIA, Wagner-Peyser, WOTC, Welfare-to-Work Tax Credit
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice announcing States' allotments for PY 2007 (July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008) for WIA Title I Youth, Adults and Dislocated Worker Activities programs; additional PY 2007 funding from WIA Section 173(e) for eligible States; final allotments for Employment Services (ES) activities under the Wagner-Peyser Act for PY 2007; and Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Welfare-to-Work Tax Credit program allotments for FY 2007.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 66, April 6, 2007, pp. 17185-17194; Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998, sections 127 (b)(1)(C)(iv)(IV), 132(b)(1)(B)(iv)(IV), 173(e), 182(d); Wagner-Peyser Act, section (6)(b)(4); 65 FR 8236; 29 USC 49e, Pub.L. 108-188.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are request to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Written comments on the formula used to allot funds to the outlying areas must be received by May 7th at:
Employment and Training Administration
Office of Financial and Administrative Management
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20210
Attention: Sherryl Bailey
5. Contact. Please direct your questions or comments as indicated:
WIA Youth Activities allotments: Haskel Lowery on 202.693.3608 or LaSharn Youngblood on 202.693.3606
WIA Adult and Dislocated Worker Activities and ES final allotments: Mike Qualter on 202.693.3014.
Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. June 30, 2008
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 66, April 6, 2007, pp. 17185-17194