April 23, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 067-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Solicitation of Nominations for the Secretary of Labor's New Freedom Initiative Award; Extension of Period for Submission of Nominations Notice
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of extension to the solicitation of nominations for the Secretary of Labor's New Freedom Initiative Award, under programs of the Office of Disability Employment Policy.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 67, April 9, 2007, p. 17585; 72 FR 6673.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Disability program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies/entities, and to submit nominations of eligible persons or organizations, as defined in the Federal Register attachment on or before May 31, 2007 to:
Secretary of Labor's New Freedom Initiative Award
Office of Disability Employment Policy
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20210
5. Contact. Questions or comments about the content of this Alert may be directed to Margaret Roffee on 202.693.7880 or 7881 (TTY). Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. May 31, 2007
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 27, February 10, 2005, pp. 7146-7147