July 21, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 071-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Petition for Trade Adjustment Assistance and Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance, ETA Form 9042a, OMB Number 1205-0342
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on revision of an Information Collection Request (ICR), which will be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning petitions for Trade Adjustment Assistance and Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance submitted on ETA Form 9042a.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 109, June 8, 2005, pp. 33524-33525; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. Chapter 35]; Trade Act of 1974; Trade Act Amendments of 2002, Title II, Chapter 2, Section 221(a).
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program Administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before August 8, 2005 to the individual named in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachment.
A copy of the ICR is available from Tim Sullivan on 202.693.3708
5. Contact. Comments or questions about Trade Act reporting may be directed to Tim Sullivan on 202.693.3708. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. August 8, 2005
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 109, June 8, 2005, pp. 33524-33525