April 23, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 072-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Public Briefings on the H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker Labor Certification Program
PROGRAMS: Foreign Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of public briefings on the H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker Labor Certification Program that will be held in Chicago and Atlanta during the first week of May 2007.
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 68, April 10, 2007, p. 17940.
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. ETA will offer two public briefings to educate the public on filing procedures and standards of review for employer applications for labor certification under the H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker Labor Certification Program. The briefings planned for May 2007 follow a national training session convened for State Workforce Agencies in November 2006, and are part of ETA's ongoing effort to assist program partners and program users in understanding H-2B filing procedures, application requirements, and NPC standards of review. These sessions will reinforce information previously provided as well as new guidance, and respond to questions from stakeholders on issues of general interest. The following registration information should be used by any member of the public to attend an H- 2B briefing session.
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2007.
Time: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: Chicago Marriott Downtown
540 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Date: Friday, May 4, 2007
Time: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: Atlanta Hilton Downtown
255 Courtland Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
To Register:To register for one of the H-2B briefings listed above, please use the following information. Complete the registration process online. For questions regarding the registration process, please call 703.299.1618.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about these briefings may be directed to William Carlson on 202.693.3010. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. May 4, 2007
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 68, April 10, 2007, p. 17940.