July 21, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 078-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Information Regarding the Transfer of Temporary Program Cases to the Atlanta and Chicago National Processing Centers; Processing Locations for Foreign Labor Certification Applications Filed with State Workforce Agencies and the Department of Labor; and Filing of Applications for Certification Under the E-3 Worker Visa Program; Division of Foreign Labor Certification
PROGRAM(S): Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit information regarding the transfer of Temporary Program Cases to the Atlanta and Chicago National Processing Centers; processing locations for foreign Labor Certification Applications (LCAs) filed with State Workforce Agencies and the Department of Labor; and filing of applications for certification under the E-3 Worker Visa Program.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 137, July 19, 2005, pp. 41430-41438; 20 CFR 655, subpart H; Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005 [Pub.L. 109-13]; Information Alerts 043-05, March 7, 2005; 030-05, Change 1, May20, 2005; and 030-05, January 18, 2005.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
Link to the LCA On-Line System
4. Substance. The Department continues to transition from a Region-based to Center-based system. This notice clarifies the locations where applications may be filed and are being processed, respectively, for the permanent labor certification and major temporary foreign labor certification programs.
5. Action. Program Administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about labor certification applications may be directed to William Carlson on 202.693.3010. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 137, July 19, 2005, pp. 41340-41348