July 22, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 080-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Rating Sheet
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Rating Sheet to help workforce professionals examine regional skills partnerships.
2. References. None.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Rating Sheet (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Rating Sheet was developed for the State of Michigan by its contractor, Public Policy Associates, Inc. PPA has been a partner with the State in crafting a new strategy for workforce and economic development for Michigan. This tool is based on extensive national research that PPA has conducted, examining 50 skills partnerships around the nation, and the sectoral work of The Urban Institute, Aspen Institute, and Workforce Learning Strategies.
If your agency or State is working to encourage the development of employer-led consortia to identify and address skills shortages and related workforce issues, this tool may help assess readiness to launch such ventures. It stimulates thinking about areas that need attention or might put these ventures at risk.
5. Action. Program Administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Rating Sheet may be directed by e-mail to Brenda Njiwaji. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Rating Sheet (.pdf)