April 25, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 081-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Attestations by Facilities Temporarily Employing H1-C Nonimmigrant Aliens as Registered Nurses, OMB No. 1205-0415
PROGRAMS: Foreign Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for comment on a new Information Collection Request (ICR), which will be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning the proposed attestation by facilities temporarily employing H1-C nonimmigrant aliens as registered nurses.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 78, April 24, 2007, pp. 20372-20373; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. 3506 (c) (2) (A); Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act (NRDAA) of 1999, Pub.L. 106-95; Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act of 2005, Pub.L. 109-423; 20 CFR 655 Subpart L and Subpart M.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are request to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before June 25th to:
Employment and Training Administration
Office of Foreign Labor Certification
US Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20210
Attention: Brian Pasternak
6. Expiration Date. June 25, 2007
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 78, April 24, 2007, pp. 20372-20373.