July 26, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 082-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Common Measures Tutorials
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit links to on-line tutorials on the WIA Common Measures.
2. References. Training and Employment Notice 1-05, Release of On-Line Training Resources on Implementation of Common Measures for Workforce Investment Act (WIA), Adult. Dislocated Worker, Youth Programs, and Wager-Peyser Programs, July 11, 2005.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the WIA Common Measures Tutorials
4. Substance. Effective July 1, 2005, a set of Common Measures of performance accountability have been incorporated into WIA and Wagner-Peyser Act programs. On-line tutorials for the WIA measures have been developed by Social Policy Research Associates. They provide detailed descriptions for measures affecting the WIA Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth programs. Tutorials for the labor exchange programs under the Wagner-Peyser Act are under development.
5. Action. Program Administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the Common Measures may be directed to the Office of System Support in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. None