August 6, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 120-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Maximum Per Diem Rates for the Continental
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of Per Diem Bulletin 08-01, Fiscal Year (FY) 2008 continental United States (CONUS) per diem rates.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 150, August 6, 2007, p. 43642; Per Diem Bulletin 08-01.
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The General Services Administration's (GSA's) annual per diem review has resulted in lodging and meal allowance rate changes for locations within the continental United States (CONUS) to provide for the reimbursement of Federal employees' authorized travel expenses covered by per diem. Per Diem Bulletin 08-01 updates the standard CONUS lodging per diem rate as well as the maximum per diem amounts for existing nonstandard areas (NSAs) located within CONUS. The standard CONUS lodging rate will increase to $70. This notice is effective October 1, 2007 and applies to travel performed on or after October 1, 2007 through September 30, 2008. The per diem rates prescribed in Per Bulletin 08-01 may be found at:
5. Action. Program administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this Alert may be directed to Cy Greenidge on 202.219.2349. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. September 30, 2008
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 150, August 6, 2007, p. 43642.