September 4, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 127-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) Meeting
PROGRAMS: Job Corps
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of an open meeting of the Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) scheduled on September 13, 2007, in New York City.
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 167, August 29, 2007, pp. 49733-49734; Federal Advisory Committee Act on August 22, 2006 (); Workforce Investment Act, 29 U.S.C. 2895.
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) was established to advance Job Corps' new vision for student achievement aimed at 21st century high-growth employment. This Committee will also evaluate Job Corps program characteristics, including its purpose, goals, and effectiveness, efficiency, and performance measures in order to address the critical issues facing the provision of job training and education to the youth population that it serves. The Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Thursday, September 13, 2007, from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the:
45 East 45th Street (Midtown)
New York, New York 10017
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this meeting may be directed to Esther R. Johnson on 202.693.3000. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. September 13, 2007
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 167, August 29, 2007, pp. 49733-49734.