|DIRECTIVE||OLDER WORKER BULLETIN 02-6|
|TO||ALL SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM (SCSEP) GRANTEES|
|SUBJECT||SCSEP DIRECTORY UPDATE|
1. PURPOSE: To provide grantees with an opportunity to update changes to the SCSEP directory.
2. REFERENCE: None.
3. BACKGROUND: The SCSEP directory, located at http://wdsc.doleta.gov/seniors, has not been updated for a few years. This directory should be able to provide greater communication among grantees, potential enrollees, and businesses interested in hiring older workers, as well as serving as a vehicle for communicating with the Workforce Investment Act community and the Division of Older Worker Program (DOWP) staff.
4. DISCUSSION: In the past, DOWP has contracted with various grantees to update
the directory on behalf of all the other grantees. This has proven to be an arduous
task--to collect and compile data for 10 national sponsors and 54 States and other jurisdictions.
A DOWP contractor will provide training to selected SCSEP grantee staff so that each
grantee may update its portion of the directory. To prevent possible abuse of the system,
we are requesting that each grantee identify a designated person (or persons) who will be responsible for updating that grantee's portion of the directory. Once the DOWP receives
this information, a teleconference will be held to provide training on how to update the directory.
5. DIRECTIVE: Grantees are requested to provide the name, telephone number,
fax number and address of their designated person or persons to David Richardson at
200 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Room N4641, Washington, D.C. 20210 by
April 19, 2002.
6. INQUIRIES: Questions should be directed to your Federal Representative at
(202) 693-3842, or, you may contact Karen Davis at (202) 693-3761.
ERICH W. ("RIC") LARISCH
Division of Older Worker Programs
SHIRLEY M. SMITH
Office of Adult Services