What's New in Workforce Investment?
Events from this month
- July 25, 2014 White House Rural Council Announces $10 Billion Private Investment Fund to Finance Job-Creating Infrastructure Projects in Rural America
- July 23, 2014 Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act: Availability of Initial Informational Resources from Departments of Labor and Education (Fact Sheet, Implementation Timeline, FAQs, Resource Webpage, Mailbox)
- July 18, 2014 Current Population Survey: BLS Seeks to Add Questions on Certifications and Licensure; Seeks Comments by September 15
- July 14, 2014 Trade Adjustment Assistance Funding: ETA Identifies the FY 2014 Second Distribution Amounts to State Workforce Agencies/Cooperating State Agencies
- July 14, 2014 ETA Publishes Strategies for Using Workforce Investment Act Youth Formula Funds to Serve Court-Involved Youth and Youth At-Risk of Offending
- July 14, 2014 ETA Provides Guidance on New Process for Public Workforce Entities to Become Employment Networks under SSA's Ticket to Work and Self Sufficiency Program
- July 8, 2014 ETA Issues Revised UI Handbook on "State Quality Service Plan Planning and Reporting Guidelines"; Core Measures Include "Facilitation of Reemployment"
- July 8, 2014 New NACO Publication: "A Workforce that Works -- County Innovations in Workforce Development"
- July 7, 2014 Unemployment Insurance: Market Research on How to Leverage Cloud Technology Solutions in Support of Multi-State Consortia and Single State Modernization Projects
- July 7, 2014 New NGA Publications Released: (1) Advances in Workforce Policy - Insights from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Training Grants, (2) Upskill/Backfill Strategies -- Advancing Incumbent Workers and Opening Opportunities for Job Seekers
- July 7, 2014 The Pathways to Prosperity Network: A State Progress Report (2012- 2014)": New Report Examines CTE, Career Academies, Career Pathways, and Partnership Formation in Eight States
- July 7, 2014 ETA Proposes "Revised Methodology for Selecting Job Corps Centers for Closure"
- July 7, 2014 BusinessUSA Announces Launch of State Resource Portal
- July 7, 2014 Department of Labor Awards $154.8M to 32 States, Puerto Rico and the Cherokee Tribal Nation to Implement or Expand Job-Driven Training Programs for Laid-Off Workers
- July 2, 2014 Real-Time Employment and Job Vacancy Data Repository
- July 1, 2014 Department of Labor Announces Funding for Cooperative Agreement to Operate the National Employer, Research and Technical Assistance Center on the Employment of People with Disabilities
- July 1, 2014 Department of Labor Announces Funding for Cooperative Agreements to Improve Post-Secondary Education and Employment Opportunities for Youth with Disabilities