13 Counties: Alameda, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego
Target Industries: Advanced Aerospace (Space exploration); Advanced R&D; Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain
The California Innovation Corridor will implement a three target approach for WIRED: Innovation Support, Industrial Rejuvenation, and Talent Development as described below:
- Innovation Support: Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Create an Atmosphere in which the culture, environment and systems are characterized and driven by innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Industrial Rejuvenation: Manufacturing Value Chain and Supplier
- Ensure common "smart supplier" competitiveness and enterprise-driven outcomes across supply chain provider/support network.
- Competitiveness Talent Development: Creation of 21st Century Innovation-Oriented Technical Talent
- Integrate consideration of current and future industry enterprise needs into workforce and educational planning and policymaking.
In addition to training workers for 21st Century high-skill, high-wage jobs, CSA's "Workforce Transformation" grant project will help California capitalize on its wealth of science, research and manufacturing assets, and retain its role on the leading edge of global innovation.