15 counties: Hardin, Nelson, Larue, Breckinridge, Meade, Marion, Washington, Grayson, Shelby, Trimble, Bullitt, Spencer, Henry, Oldham, Jefferson
Target Industries: Transportation Distribution and Logistics, Healthcare, Research, Diversification around Fort Knox, Commercialization and Entrepreneur Networks, Advanced Manufacturing
The I-65 Corridor is experiencing high levels of development due to projects to expand the Louisville Airport and the UPS Distribution Hub, base realignment at Fort Knox, construction and renovation projects, new life science education and research facilities, and growth in retail, hospitality and tourism.
Regional leaders are seeking to address five challenges to sustain growth:
- Fill critical workforce gaps through an improved pipeline of secondary and post secondary students.
- Generate a culture that supports educational advancement and economic entrepreneurship through communication, networking, education and training programs.
- Strengthen corridor-wide analysis and planning.
- Increase innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Link existing sub-regional partnerships and resources to support a comprehensive and sustainable foundation for regional collaboration.