WORKFORCE INNOVATION AND OPPORTUNITY ACT (WIOA)
The U.S. Departments of Labor and Education have collaboratively issued Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act provisions related to performance accountability. The associated documents are: a Participant Individual Record Layout, reporting calculation specifications, and quarterly and annual report templates. All of these documents have been approved by the Office and Management and Budget for collection through June 30, 2019.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Common Performance Reporting - OMB Control No. 1205-0526
DOL-only Performance Accountability, Information, and Reporting System - OMB Control No. 1205-0521
WIOA Reporting Guidance
TEGL 10-16: Performance Accountability Guidance for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I, Title II, Title III and Title IV Core Programs. This Training and Employment Guidance Letter (TEGL) provides sub-regulatory guidance on the requirements set forth in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), related to the implementation and operation of the performance accountability system under section 116 of WIOA and the implementing joint regulations in 20 CFR part 677 (and reprinted in 34 CFR parts 361 and 463). As explained further in this guidance, developed jointly by the U.S. Departments of Labor (DOL) and Education (ED)(Departments), WIOA requires all States and direct grantees of the Departments to collect and report information on all the participants described in this TEGL.
- Attachment 1 - Definitions of Terms Related to the Performance Accountability System
- Attachment 2 - Table A Exclusions PIRL Data Element 923
- Attachment 3 - Wage Conversion Chart OMB Control 1205-0526 Expires 06-30-2019
- Attachment 4 - Table A Effectiveness in Serving Employers Data Elements and Specifications OMB Control 1205-0526, Expires 06-30-2019
- Attachment 5 - Periods of Participation - Effects on Indicators of Performance
- Attachment 6 - Examples of Counting Periods of Participation for Exit-Based Indicators of Performance
- Attachment 7 - Table A Participation Level Services Chart WIOA Title I Adult Title I Dislocated Worker and Title III Employment Service Programs
- Attachment 8 - Incumbent Worker Training Required Data Elements
- Attachment 9 - Calculation - Average Indicator of Performance
- Attachment 10 - Calculations - WIOA Indicators of Performance Figure
- Attachment 11 - References - WIOA Operating Guidance
- WIA Closeout Report Important Information: ETA Provides Updates Instructions on WIOA Quarterly Reporting and WIA Closeout Report; Updates Content and Technical Assistance Material. Also, States must defer mandatory PIRL reporting for TAA Program until FY 2018.
- TEN 08-16
The purpose of this Training and Employment Notice (TEN) is to announce the implementation schedule for an integrated performance reporting system for ETA and VETS workforce programs. Grantees under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (titles I and III), Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), H-1B Job Training Grants, Reentry Employment Opportunities (REO), and Jobs for Veterans State Grants (JVSG) will report performance measure outcomes under a new integrated system that will generally become available after July 1, 2016 for testing, and after October 1, 2016 for reporting. This TEN provides, for each program, a timeline for system availability and expected submission of performance data.
- Please see the current fiscal year reporting timeline for each program here.
- When Is Data Available To Report (See when various program data are available for reporting)
- TEGL 22-15: Program Year (PY) 2015/Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 and PY 2014/FY 2015 Data Validation and Performance Reporting Requirements and Associated Timelines
- Data Validation Source Documentation
PROGRAM REPORTING GUIDANCE AND PAPERWORK PACKAGES (WIA)
|Paperwork Reduction Act||Federal Register|
- February 9, 2016
The Employment and Training Administration has published the sixty-day notice today on the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Management Information and Reporting System data collection supporting statement to update the burden estimate to account for annual changes in hourly rates for respondents and remove any outdated language referencing updates made to the WIA reporting system prior to its 2013 renewal. No other revisions were made to the package. Federal Register Notice
Written comments are due by April 11, 2016.
- WIA (Reporting and Data Validation, Quarterly Reporting Instructions and Forms, Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data (WIASRD))
- Wagner-Peyser Act Labor Exchange
- Trade Adjustment Assistance
- National Farmworker Jobs Program
- Indian and Native American Program
- High Growth and Community-Based Job Training Grants
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Reporting
- ARRA High Growth and Emerging Industries (HGEI) Quarterly Progress Reporting
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) Grants
WORKFORCE INVESTMENT STREAMLINED PERFORMANCE REPORTING (WISPR)
States and other grantees administering multiple DOL grants are currently required to produce separate performance reports by using different forms, definitions, instructions, and submission procedures. WISPR establishes a standardized set of data elements, definitions, and specifications that can be used to describe the characteristics, activities, and outcomes of job seeker and employer customers served through the American Job Center delivery system. Please see the WISPR FAQs for addition information.
Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) Activity (OMB 1205-0469)
WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARDS (WIB) REPORTING CODES