Wage Record Interchange System 2
The Wage Record Interchange System 2 (WRIS 2) extends the WRIS data sharing model to required American Job Center partner programs not under the jurisdiction of the Department of Labor, as well as programs the Act defines as "additional" partners whose participation in the American Job Center delivery system is appropriate but not mandatory.
WRIS 2 has been established to facilitate the preparation of Aggregate Statistical Reports and analysis to satisfy the reporting and performance requirements for certain Federal or state training and education programs. WRIS 2 allows data for research and evaluation of those programs to be made available while maintaining the confidentiality of personal identifiable information.
WRIS VS. WRIS 2
What is the difference between WRIS and WRIS2?
- WRIS is limited to the sharing of records for state and Federal reporting and performance purposes for DOL funded programs.
- WRIS 2 allows states to share their wage data in aggregate form with Third Party Entities (TPE). A TPE is defined as any public body, agency, or private career school required by law to meet state and/or Federal performance measures. A PACIA, or its agent or consultant, cannot be designated as a TPE.
WRIS 2 functions in the same manner as WRIS; however, there are a few important differences:
- There is a separate platform for WRIS 2 to help eliminate any potential confusion.
- Only states who have signed the WRIS 2 DSA can participate in the sharing of records via the WRIS 2 portal.
- In order to be a member of WRIS 2, a state must also be a party to WRIS.
PARTICIPATION IN WRIS 2
The current membership of the WRIS2 exchange includes 41 states, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Each of the 43 members, below, has signed the WRIS2 Data Sharing Agreement:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Map of States, DC and Puerto Rico Participating in the WRIS2
- WRIS2 State Contacts
- FAQs about WRIS legal Authorities under WIOA