DIRECTIVE: OLDER WORKER BULLETIN 98-36
TO: ALL SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM (SCSEP) SPONSORS
SUBJECT: "Putting the Pieces Together" (HONOLULU, HAWAII)
1. PURPOSE: To announce the November 18-20, 1998 Quality Training Academy, "Putting The Pieces Together"conference in Honolulu, Hawaii. The conference is sponsored by the regional Employment and Training office of the Department of Labor (DOL), the Hawaii State Department of Labor and the Enterprise (in partnership with Simply Better! and PEPNet).
2. REFERENCES: Older Worker (OW) Bulletins No. 98-18 and No. 98-20.
3. BACKGROUND: Partners from DOL-funded initiatives have joined together to sponsor these educational events. Background information was provided in both OW Bulletins No. 98 -18 and 98-20.
4. DEADLINES: Registration fees for the Honolulu event must be made by November 2, 1998 to guarantee you the classes you want to attend. Courses will be taught based on pre-registration demand for the subject matter. Pre-registration is strongly recommended for all grantees planning to attend. November 2, 1998 is also the last day for hotel room reservations at the government rate.
5. ACTION REQUIRED: Please review the attached materials and share them with appropriate staff.
6. INQUIRIES: Questions should be directed to your Federal Representative at (202) 219-5904.
ATTACHMENTS: Quality Training Academy Brochure