RFP-DCS-03-07 AMENDMENT NO. 3
February 6, 2003
NOTICE TO ALL OFFERORS
REFERENCE: AMENDMENT NO. 3
Additional information has been requested by prospective offerors and it has been determined by the Contracting Officer that this information be made available to all bidders. The closing date for this RFP remains at February 14, 2003, by 2 p.m. local time.
KEITH A. BOND
AMENDMENT OF SOLICITATION/MODIFICATION OF CONTRACT
11. THIS ITEM ONLY APPLIES TO AMENDMENTS OF SOLICITATION
|STANDARD FORM 30 (REV. 10-83)|
14. RESPONSES TO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
1. Question: What is the staff allocation by shift?
Answer: The allocation of staff, by shift, is left to the discretion of the offeror.
2. Question: Task Deliverable C.4 (2) requires a "linkage to support the call center". Is that linkage a web-based application or a dedicated private Internet connection?
Answer: Internet access and the Internet Explorer browser (version 5.0 or higher) are required.
3. Question: If the contractor is required to start from ground up, what is the time frame to go-live with the call center?
Answer: Within 30 days after award of the contract, the contractor will deliver a transition plan, operating plan and staffing chart to the Government Authorized Representative for review and approval. Upon recipt of approval from the Government Authorized Representative, the contractor then has 30 days to complete the transition.
4. Question: What is the salary range of the current customer service representatives?
Answer: The salary range of the current customer service representatives is confidential business information.
5. Question: Has DOL performed an evaluation of the current call center, especially as it serves the needs of Job Corps customers and staff? If so, please provide us with a copy of the evaluation.
Answer: No, we do not have a qualitative evaluation.
6. Question: What is the staffing of the current call center? How many customer service representatives and supervisors are there in the call center?
Answer: The type and number of staff in the current call center is confidential business information.
7. Question: A bachelor's degree is required for the Project Director and Communications Coordinator. Must the degree come from an accredited institution?
Answer: Yes. All key personnel must have a degree from an accredited institution otherwise the proposal is considered non-responsive.
8. Question: What is the typical daily call volume for the period 9pm to 7am Eastern Standard Time.
Answer: The average number of calls handled during the most recent 30-day period between 9:00 p.m. to 7 a.m. is 71.
9. Question: Past staffing History for Customer Service agents.
Answer: Staffing information is confidential business information.
10. Question: Past trended analysis.
Answer: Trend analysis data has not been gathered for the past 5 years.
11. Question: How are people/personnel required to work in this center, excluding the Project Director and Communications Coordinator?
Answer: This question is unclear.
12. Question: Is the physical location of the operation important?
Answer: No, the physical location of the operation is not important, but the site should be in the contiguous United States.
13. Question: Will the GAR be onsite? If so, what accommodations are required?
Answer: The Government Authorized Representative will not be onsite.
14. Question: Does DOLETA pay for the 800 service lines forwarded to the contractor?
Answer: DOLETA will pay for the 800 service lines to be forwarded to the contractor however, please outline such expenses in your proposal.
15. Question: What type/s of data systems are currently being used for this requirement?
Answer: This question is unclear.
16. Question: Is the required transition plan, staffing plan, and operating plan one document or 3 separate reports?
Answer: The required transition plan, staffing plan and operating plan are three separate reports.
17. Question: Where are copies available of the current contractor's reports, evaluations, charts, tables and graphs relating to performance, pursuant to the provisions of RFP paragraph H.22?
Answer: We do not have qualitative data.
18. Question: Is an S corporation viewed differently for small business purposes than other forms of business structures?
Answer: Only Small Profit making Businesses are allowed to submit proposals for RFP-DCS-03-07. Also, please see Section K.5 of the solicitation for the definition of a Small Business.
19. Question: George Miller, Jr., President of Spectrum Consulting, also serves the Job Corp. as Chairman of the Joint Action of Community Services. Is there a Conflict of Interest?
Answer: There does not appear to be a conflict of interest.
20. Question: Could you please provide me with the status of your current EAP contract service? Particularly, when does the present EAP contract expire? Who would be our point of contact for the next EAP solicitation? If I should be speaking with someone else in your office or in the Department of Human Resources, please advise.
Answer: This solicitation is for the Operation of a Job Corps toll-free number. This question is not in reference to this solicitation.
21. Question: How does this project differ from Solicitation Number RFP-DCS-01-32, Task 4 "Develop, Implement, and Manage a Call Center"? The 800 Toll-free number and functional descriptions are identical.
Answer: This solicitation is concerned solely with the tasks and deliverables laid out in Section C of RFP-DCS-03-07.
22. Section L.7, Part 3 d. should read:
Letters of Commitment inclusive of Binding Signed Contracts for personnel proposed for the following key personnel positions: Project Director and Communications Coordinator.