Region 5 - Chicago
Welcome to the Region 5 Office of the Employment and Training Administration. The Region 5 Office serves the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio and Wisconsin.
- Region 5 Staffing Structure Updates
- TEGL 17-15:Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth Activities Program Allotments for Program Year (PY) 2016; Final PY 2016 Allotments for the Wagner-Peyser Act Employment Service (ES) Program Allotments; and Workforce Information Grants to States Allotments for PY 2016
Purpose: To provide States and outlying areas with WIOA Title I Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth Activities program allotments for PY 2016; final allotments for PY 2016 for the Wagner-Peyser ES Program, as required by section 6(b)(5) of the Wagner-Peyser Act, as amended; and the Workforce Information Grants to States allotments for PY 2016.
- UIPL 12-16: Implementation of Sequestration under the Budget Control Act of 2011 for Mandatory Unemployment Insurance Programs for Fiscal Year 2016
Purpose: To provide information to State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) about application of sequestration in Fiscal Year (FY) 2016, how the Department of Labor (Department) will apply sequestration to mandatory Unemployment Insurance (UI) programs and on delayed benefit payments from prior fiscal years, and the resulting administrative costs.
- UIPL 13-16: Procedures for the Completion and Publication of Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefit Accuracy Measurement (BAM) Data for Improper Payment Information Act (IPIA) Reporting Year 2016
Purpose: To provide State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) guidelines and key dates for the completion of IPIA 2016 UI BAM paid and denied claims sample cases and the publication of IPIA 2016 BAM data.
- TEGL 16-15: Four-Year SCSEP State Plan Requirements for Program Years 2016-2019
Purpose: To inform all SCSEP state and national grantees about the requirements for the SCSEP State Plan as mandated by the 2006 Older Americans Act (OAA) Amendments. Due to the requirements of the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014, there have been some changes to the submission process for the SCSEP State Plans. This Training and Employment Guidance Letter (TEGL) provides guidance for the SCSEP portion of the State Plan.
- TEGL 18-15: Program Year 2016 Grant Plan Instructions and Allotments for Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) State and Territorial Grant Applicants
Purpose: To provide SCSEP state and territorial grant applicants with application instructions, procedures, and allotments for Program Year (PY) 2016 funds, with a period of performance beginning July 1, 2016.