August 5, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 014-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments – Funding Formula for Grants to States; Veterans’ Employment and Training Service; Proposed Rulemaking
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for comments from the notice from the Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS), concerning a proposed funding formula for grants to States.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 128, July 6, 2004, pp. 40724-40728; 20 CFR 1001; Jobs for Veterans Act [Pub.L. 107-288]; Wagner-Peyser Act, Section 6; Regulatory Flexibility Act of 1980; Executive Orders 12866 (.pdf), 12875 (.pdf), 12988 (.pdf) and 13132 (.pdf); Unfunded Mandates Act of 1995.
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before September 7, 2004, to the individual listed in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachment.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about VETS rulemaking may be directed to Paul Robertson on 202.693.4714. Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. September 7, 2004
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 128, July 6, 2004, pp. 40724-40728