October 11, 2006
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 010-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Foreign Labor Certification; Reduction-In-Recruitment (RIR) Conversion; Extension of the RIR Eligibility Date
PROGRAMS: Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice that the eligibility date the Department of Labor uses for determining whether RIR reapplication requests are timely has been extended.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 194, October 6, 2006, pp. 59335-59336; General Administration Letters (GALs) 1-97; 07-97; and 2-02; 20 CFR 656.21 (2001); Training and Employment Notice (TEN) 12-05; 66 FR 40584 (August 3, 2001); 69 FR 43716 (July 21,2004); 69 FR 77386 (December 27,2004); Training and Employment Guidance Letter (TEGL) 7-06.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Department will allow employers that filed their applications before removal of 20 CFR 656.21(i)(6) to process their applications under the RIR process. As a result, GAL 2-02 will remain in effect for RIR conversion purposes for applications filed on or before March 27, 2005.
5. Action. Program administrators are request to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this notice may be directed to the appropriate Backlog Elimination Center in Philadelphia on 484.270.1500 or Dallas on 214.237.9111. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 194, October 6, 2006, pp. 59335-59336.