December 1, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 013-06
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - State Accomplishment of Performance Goals for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and North American Free Trade Agreement Transitional Adjustment Assistance (NAFTA-TAA) Participants; Training and Employment Guidance Letter 32-04
PROGRAMS: TAA, NAFTA-TAA
1. Purpose. To transmit interpretation of Federal law requirements pertaining to Trade Adjustment Assistance programs.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 223, November 21, 2005, pp. 70100-70102; Training and Employment Guidance Letter 32-04; Trade Act of 1974 [Pub.L. 93-619]; Trade Reform Act of 2002 [Pub.L. 107-210]; Workforce Investment Act; Government Performance and Results Act; TEGL 7-99, “Core and Customer Satisfaction Performance Measures for the Workforce Investment System;” TEGL 11-00, “Operating Instructions for Implementing the Amendments to the Trade Act of 1974 Enacted by the Trade Act of 2002;” TEGL 6-03, “Fiscal Year (FY) 2004 State Planning Estimates and Process for Requesting Additional Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Funds for Training and Administration.”
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/regionalresources.cfm
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about Federal policy on TAA programs may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.788.0170
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 223, November 21, 2005, pp. 70100-70102